Blackmores Night

Rock rock, 'till you drop!

Moderators: Jaggernaut, Vufli

Postby Nik Praskaton » Sat Aug 07, 2010 18:36

u 9 mjesecu novi album!

Nik Praskaton
Forum member

Postby Nik Praskaton » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:09

presluso kak spada novi album i mogu rec da je solidan, slican kao i prethodni albumi. Nista spektakularno, al fanovima ovog banda bi se mogao svidjet.
Nik Praskaton
Forum member

Postby Lukas » Thu Oct 21, 2010 18:42

Meni je smeće totalno. Candicin glas je skroz čudan. Boja glasa je potpuno drukčija. A glazba mi je bezveze. Secret voyage je puuuno bolji album, a Locked Within the Crystal Ball im je jedna od najboljih stvari!
You can't be something you're not
Be yourself,by yourself

www.myspace.com/deadgardencult
Lukas
Forum member

Postby Nik Praskaton » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:53

http://guitarinternational.com/wpmu/201 ... interview/ - ritchie govori malo o novom albumu
Nik Praskaton
Forum member

Postby Nik Praskaton » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:50

Pick of the Week: Blackmore's Night

Autumn Sky

With their eighth studio album "Autumn Sky," Blackmore’s Night proves once again why they stand alone atop the mountain with their own brand of Celtic/medieval influenced folk-rock music.

The band now finds itself defined as "New Age" because of the difficulty of placing them into one particular box. And why not? New Age can cover a lot of ground. The label must hold some validity, as Blackmore's Night has been number one on the New Age Billboard Charts for several weeks now.

My personal preference is to call it folk-rock influenced by medieval and Celtic music (i.e. "Sake of the Song"). Any way you look at it, the music is magical. The band continues to cast a spell upon its worldwide faithful, gathering more along the way to raise their glasses in a toast to life and love of a simpler time.

"Autumn Sky" features the legendary Ritchie Blackmore on lead guitar with his wife, Candice Night, fronting the band with her angelic vocals and incredible magnetism. Night weaves a web and that draws you into every story while Blackmore and the band play their intricate, complex melodies. When you listen to the trademark Blackmore electric guitar licks on "Journeyman," you know it's Ritchie: That sound is unmistakable. I heard it when he was with Deep Purple and Rainbow, and now for several years in this compelling configuration he's created. When Blackmore plays electric guitar, the sound comes across as his signature. However, when he is playing in an acoustic setting it does not click right away.

Blackmore also plays renaissance drum, nyckelharpa, hurdy gurdy, mandola and mandolin, quite an array of instruments to produce a unique sound. Of course Blackmore is not only surrounded by the most beautiful vocals for this music, the rest of this band is spot-on as the leader pushes them to be their very best in every track.

I love the way "Highland" kicks off the album with an upbeat and happy flavor to it. This is in general very positive, upbeat music with the lyrical content keeping to the lighter side of life. There are times when the band moves to the other side, such as on the instrumental workout "Dance Of The Darkness" (albeit with a bit of gaiety to put you in the right mood, with Ritchie launching into a blistering solo), and the sad lament of "Barbara Allen" to close out the recording. The best part about the instrumental track is that you get to write your own story.

Interestingly enough, the one track that moved me the most emotionally was the excellent cover of The Kinks' classic "Celluloid Heroes." There is something about that song that gives me goose bumps, making me feel reminiscent and sad all at the same time. Night sings like an angel and totally owns this song reminding, us that success walks hand in hand with failure along Hollywood Boulevard. I absolutely loved it. It is not easy to cover a classic tune and make it your own. Blackmore's Night succeeds in doing so.

Another track that got my blood pumping is "Keeper Of The Flame," which is the perfect blend of old and new. The guitars are electric with acoustic mixed in to give it all a fresh rock-Celtic feel throughout. If you are looking for the Blackmore’s Night signature sound, this is one of the tracks that will show you the way. This is also a track I could see the beloved Ronnie James Dio singing in Rainbow. Blackmore has given us so much great music over the years and I have been a big fan since the early 1970s. I am so glad he continues to bring us his incredible music. I think he's fulfilled all his dreams with this music. Night has been a blessing to him and now they have their first child together. What more could they ask for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBrujlfQnfY

http://www.iberkshires.com/story/37992/ ... arts_block
Nik Praskaton
Forum member

Postby Nik Praskaton » Fri May 13, 2011 7:41

Nik Praskaton
Forum member

Postby Spotlight Kid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:45

Head starts spinning 'round, you fall down to the ground..
Spotlight Kid
Forum member

Previous

Return to Hard Rock Caffe