CANDLEMASS

Doom your mothers, doom your sisters!!!

Moderators: ABIZMO, Sotonska Panda, Mile

CANDLEMASS

Postby Funeral Ghost » Thu Nov 11, 2004 21:45

The kings of doom are back!!
Just when you thought it was over the corpse lives again and is resurrected
healthier, better and gloomier than ever.
Messiah, Leif, Jan, Lars and Mappe. The classic line-up refuse to die!!

We understand this is very confusing for you, since the band disbanded just 6 months ago. But hey – why bother about stupid details when you will have a brand new Candlemass album in your hand before next summer. The boys will enter the famous Stockholm Polar Studios nov 26, mix in january and bless us with an album in may sometime. Perfect for Candlemass 20 year anniversary!

According to what Leif said before, the band couldn’t agree on how to proceed after the reunion, so they decided it was best to put the beast of doom to sleep. It is always the best thing when five people want the same thing. And indeed, it looks like they’ve overcome the individual problems for a united effort to do something great.

Leif: - I had a bunch of pretty cool songs, talked to Mappe quite a lot during the summer and we both agreed it would be stupid not to do anything with it. At Mappes wedding in august we all went up on a small stage and performed Samarithan and Solitude with pink guitars plus a really shitty sound. We were all absolutely drunk and we had suits and everything on us, but it was great fun!! I think it was that occasion that made us reconsider.
Shortly after I started to roughly demo some new tracks. I think I like did five tracks in a couple of weeks with a friend helping out.
Then we had a meeting and decided to resurrect Candlemass, book the studio, and send out a three song demo to the record companies a.s.a.p.
So we recorded “Black Dwarf” and “Spellbreaker” and put “Witches” from the previous demo on it and I think the demo is on the way to the labels right now actually.
Yes, we have two weeks in Polar booked without a deal, ha-ha!! But I’m not worried. I’m sure some smart label guy realize that a new Candlemass album can outsell most of the usual crap that is released today.
We are a unique band with a unique sound and next summer will belong to Candlemass!!
Perune, tebi se obraćam!
Slavljen i trostruko slavljen budi,
Oružje, kruh i rodu blagostanje podaruj!
Gromovi moćni dokaz su
Da upravljaš nad svim, sada i zauvijek!
Tako bijaše, tako biva i tako će biti!
Funeral Ghost
Graveworm Freak

Postby Serpent Of The Light » Thu Nov 11, 2004 22:28

Hm...bili su u stanju raspada sredinom 90-ih,pa se sastali,pa se ove godine opet raspali,i kažeš da su opet na okupu?

Ma da...
I DIED AN ICONOCLAST IN CHAINS
I WOKE AS LIFELESS GOD
Serpent Of The Light
Forum member

Postby Moloh » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:30

Nek se raspadaju i okupljaju koliko hoce, samo neka na kraju izdaju novi album! Zeljno cu ga iscekivati, mada mislim da je Epicus Doomicus Metallicus remek djelo koje ce tesko nadmasit...
Mijazma wrote:rip bon scott, al ko te jebe
Moloh
Forum member

Postby Funeral Ghost » Fri Nov 12, 2004 20:32

Serpent Of The Light wrote:Hm...bili su u stanju raspada sredinom 90-ih,pa se sastali,pa se ove godine opet raspali,i kažeš da su opet na okupu?

Ma da...

ovo sam copy-paste s njihovog websitea ,pa ako ne vjerujes od na www.candlemass.net i sam vidi :roll:
Perune, tebi se obraćam!
Slavljen i trostruko slavljen budi,
Oružje, kruh i rodu blagostanje podaruj!
Gromovi moćni dokaz su
Da upravljaš nad svim, sada i zauvijek!
Tako bijaše, tako biva i tako će biti!
Funeral Ghost
Graveworm Freak

Postby Serpent Of The Light » Fri Nov 12, 2004 21:25

Ae dobro

Vidio sam i ppo drugim sajtovima.Čudno
I WOKE AS LIFELESS GOD
Serpent Of The Light
Forum member

Postby Mijazma » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:35

meni su bili prije mnogo napeti...
sad sam pogledao neki spot i malo se ohladio...

bezveze, stajaznam...ameri ko ameri
Mijazma
Forum member

Postby Serpent Of The Light » Tue Nov 16, 2004 21:41

Nisu ameri jebote.Švedi su!
I WOKE AS LIFELESS GOD
Serpent Of The Light
Forum member

Postby Cryogenic Breed » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:17

Moloh wrote:Nek se raspadaju i okupljaju koliko hoce, samo neka na kraju izdaju novi album!

pozlatile ti se riječi.
objesiše mi se starci
na hrastu, u krošnji
ja ih gledam te se smijem
u narodnoj nošnji
Cryogenic Breed
Forum member

Postby ABIZMO » Wed Jan 19, 2005 19:50

Moloh wrote:Nek se raspadaju i okupljaju koliko hoce, samo neka na kraju izdaju novi album! Zeljno cu ga iscekivati, mada mislim da je Epicus Doomicus Metallicus remek djelo koje ce tesko nadmasit...

Mrak album!! iako sam očekivao od njega jebeno razvlačenje i dosadu dobio sam upravo suprotno - remek djelo! Jedan od naj doom albuma svih vremena!!! SOLITUDE - koja je to pjesma....!!!!
ABIZMO
kldjfdskljfefdm

Postby Malleus Malleficarum » Fri Jan 28, 2005 14:03

A tek Nightfall. I Tales of Creation. Sve jako dobri albumi.

Suza mi zatitral u oku na ovu vijest kada sam ju vidio. Oh, my life is complete again :lol: .
Doom cometh upon us all.
Malleus Malleficarum
Forum member

Postby Trinity Tortura » Fri Jan 28, 2005 16:53

dammit... :shock:
okej, lijepo iznenađenje... :)
.:: as she creates so she destroys ::.
Trinity Tortura
Forum member

Postby Fuchs » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:42

Hah, Messiah 'opet' napustio bend. #-o
Da bar Johan Langquist opet zapjeva [-o<

As stated by Candlemass themselves:

"You have heard the rumours and it is with a heavy heart we must make this official. The band have tried to solve the situation several times, but Messiah cannot be persuaded to sing on the new album. His attitude and demands are way too unreasonable. I’m very sorry about this, not surprised though. We have all been very disappointed with Messiahs behaviour during the previous years reunion, especially with his childish and undemocratic way to “discuss” matters before the May recording at Polar in Stockholm. It’s not cool when one person refuses to listen to other people, don’t give a shit about his bandmates and demands special treatment. Sure, a little bit of primadonna vices is allowed in a band. But when it comes to the extent that its “my way or the highway” in every little discussion that comes up, it is not fun anymore. We like the thought of five equal metalheads playing together, having fun in the rehearsalroom, at gigs etc. That’s the whole point of it if you ask us. Unfortunately negativity and stupidity have been dictating the rules for Candlemass lately.

We hope you all can understand how disappointed we are. And angry! Disappointed with the fact that a grown man can behave so badly towards others – his friends – and for such a long time. And so easily, when he doesn’t get everything he wants, throws it all away. We’re still in chock! We never thought it was possible for somebody in this great band to have such a bad attitude towards his bandmates! We are also angry that we have bought the shit for so long. Been fucked over so much, so many times since the reunion 2002. It’s really shameful! It only took a couple of gigs to understand that Messiah wasn’t back to make friends, so we have fought hard to keep this together for you - our fans. It’s been a rough ride, but when you stand in front of 200 or 2000 or even 20,000 screaming fans it’s worth all trouble.

And yes, it was close that last album didn’t include Messiah, but we made it happen because we love this music and we love that you guys love us!! But it was the last album with Messiah Marcolin on vocals. We can’t deal with the big man anymore. Sorry!!
We tried to reason with him before the recording of the new one but Messiahs behaviour was beyond the acceptable. Mr. Marcolin has been too much to take and the reasons behind his departure from Candlemass are not very flattering for him. No details, sorry....too embarrassing.......

On the positive side (there is one!), this can make the band stronger and lead to something better. We don’t stand and fall with Messiah Marcolin. We will look hard for a worthy replacement because we got a superb album recorded already. With the right voice it will kill!! We hope for a new start with Candlemass, a band we love way too much to ditch because of one rotten apple!!"

Candlemass will be searching for a new vocalist as soon as possible.
Fuchs
Forum member

Postby HateBringer » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:10

Mijazma wrote:meni su bili prije mnogo napeti...
sad sam pogledao neki spot i malo se ohladio...

bezveze, stajaznam...ameri ko ameri
=D> :wall: #-o
There will never be another one that screams like you
When death sleeps, it dreams of you
HateBringer
<font color=red>The Hate Within

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2007 19:43

Fuchs wrote:hah, Messiah 'opet' napustio bend. #-o
Da bar Johan Langquist opet zapjeva [-o<

heh, novi pjevac im je Robert Lowe (Solitude Aeturnus) :)

Postby Fuchs » Sat Feb 10, 2007 17:47

Sa službene stranice:
:o
AAARGG!! MARCH 31 IT IS!!!
One of swedens HEAVIEST and popular metal bands of all time celebrate 20 years with a huge party at Stockholms Kolingsborg. CANDLEMASS perform with three (!) different vocalists, a bunch of famous metal guests + VIP DJ Lee Dorrian from CATHEDRAL!!
Opening act is GRAND MAGUS!! You can also win tickets to SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL and cool VINYL. Don’t throw away your TICKETS!!

For the very first time is the singer from EPICUS DOOMICUS METALLICUS – Johan Langquist – fronting Candlemass!!! This fact will make doom fanatics around the globe book plane seats with sweaty palms!! Tomas Vikström who sang on CHAPTER VI is also on stage this evening. Count on some songs from that album too...
Another highlight of the show is the presentation of ROBERT LOWE, Candlemass new singer (well known from Solitude Aeturnus) who makes his debut with the doom legends, who were awarded a SWEDISH GRAMMY for best hard rock/metal 2005.
Robert puts his voice on Candlemass new album, KING OF THE GREY ISLANDS, in february. Preliminary release date june 22 (Nuclear Blast). It’s not totally impossible that a new song (or two) is performed live at KOLINGSBORG Saturday march 31!!!

CANDLEMASS are joined on stage by some really cool metal elite GUESTS. No names mentioned but don’t blame us if you miss this years most WICKED evening. VIP DJ Lee Dorrian (CATHEDRAL) teams up with Magnus from WITCHCRAFT and Candlemass MAPPE + LEIF spins personal and inspirational favourites on the main floor!!!!!!!!!!
DOOM-OLA from I Hate Records reigns in the basement. It will be HEAVY!!!
Fuchs
Forum member

Next

Return to Doom