Danzig

O korijenima metala, njegovim istinskim pocecima, legendama..

Moderators: Jaggernaut, Vufli

Postby Samhain » Tue Mar 16, 2010 18:23

preporučujem ti i Liber skull i God of Light pjesme ;)
(Romans Chpt. 5, v.12):
"Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned."

http://www.myspace.com/reinkaos218 Chaos is online!
Samhain
Forum member

Postby Blasyrkh » Thu Mar 18, 2010 18:11

Samhain wrote:Circle of snakes je dokaz da se Glen vraća starom zvuku, kao i setliste njegovih novijih koncerata.

jel tko primjetio kako mu se glas popravio u zadnjim live nastupima? ;)

Da, dobro je da se vraca korjenima, al je los glazbeni producent. Svi albumi poslije Rick Rubinovog utjecaja su isli na gore, jebiga. A kaj se glasa tice, i meni se cini da ide na bolje. Tamo negdje oko 2003. na dalje je bilo koma, tek se u zadnje 2 godine poboljsalo.
Blasyrkh
Forum member

Postby Samhain » Thu Mar 18, 2010 18:46

istina, baš imam dva koncerta iz 2004. i 2009. godine i razlika je gotovo crno i bijelo.

nije tako dobro pjevao još od petog albuma i srećom manje skače po bini pa ga čuješ bolje, to je plus što se mene tiče. :wink:
(Romans Chpt. 5, v.12):
"Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned."

Samhain
Forum member

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Apr 02, 2010 16:26

Danzig, ‘Deth Red Sabaoth’ — New Album Exclusive
March 31st, 2010 by admin

Get ready to celebrate a new sort of ‘Sabaoth.’ Glenn Danzig — the man, the myth, the muscles, the Misfits mastermind and, of course, the master of many talents, ranging from composer to comic book publisher — is ending a six-year dearth of new music. Noisecreep has exclusively learned that Danzig will release ‘Deth Red Sabaoth,’ his first new studio album in six years, on June 22 through Evilive/The End.

The album is his ninth and was produced by Danzig himself. It was recorded in Los Angeles throughout the course of 2009. The multi-tasking Danzig handled bass duties for most of the album and even played drums on the song ‘Black Candy.’

‘Deth Red Sabaoth’ is 11 songs strong, and some song titles include ‘The Revengeful’ and ‘On a Wicked Night.’ There is also the two-parter called ‘Pyre of Souls’; part one is said to be dirgy and opens with an acoustic guitar, a piano and Danzig’s signature vocals, while part two erupts with electric guitar fury. Longtime Danzig cohorts guitarist Tommy Victor of Prong, who has worked with the singer since 1996, and drummer Johnny Kelly of Type O Negative/Seventh Void, played on the album, which marks the first time Kelly — who has intermittently sat behind the kit for Danzig live shows since 2002 — has actually recorded with Danzig.

The album has a natural feel, thanks to the way the iconic Danzig attacked the recording process, choosing to steer clear of studio trickery and technology. “I think that fans will really dig this new album,” said Danzig in a statement. “I’ve been told several times that the album has a cool vitality to it, that it sounds energized, and I got that feeling when I was recording it. I wanted to have an organic sound, bigger and thicker, so I went out and bought some 1970’s Kustom tuck ‘n’ roll bass amps to play some of the guitar parts through. You’ll hear real reverb, real tremolo on this album, which sounds completely different than the stuff that’s done with computer chips.”

From that description, it sounds like ‘Deth Red Sabaoth’ is going to be beefier than Danzig’s arms, which look like they could crush walnuts!

The visually-arresting artwork for ‘Deth Red Sabaoth’ was designed by award winner Joe Chiodo, who has worked on dozens of graphic novels and comic books, most notably ‘X-Men Unlimited.’ It makes total sense, as Danzig is a noted comic book fan and publisher; Chiodo also works on Danzig’s own Verotik publishing line.

Danzig will tour in support of the album, with dates to be announced imminently. Steve Zing, who played in Samhain with Danzig, will play bass on those dates.

Welcome back, Glenn. Our world is a little happier knowing it’ll be blackened by a new Danzig album in just under three months.

Izvor.
"Stricken to live, Hell on Earth
Shackled and bound we lie
Praise of Death life's a dream
We're only living to die!!"
Rapt0r
Forum member

Postby Cinnamon Girl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 13:40

i sad još europsku turneju najavi i ja sretna... :)
Cinnamon Girl
Forum member

Postby Samhain » Sat Apr 03, 2010 17:01

nažalost mislim da nema ništa od europske turneje, možda bude bila neka manja turnejica po SAD-u tek toliko da malo promoviraju album...
Iskreno, nadam se da sam u krivu.

Sam Glenn je rekao da uživa u koncertima i nastupima ali sve ostalo što ide uz turneju: duga putovanja i slične gluposti su mu preko glave...

a u vezi novog albuma... Cant fucking wait :D
(Romans Chpt. 5, v.12):

Samhain
Forum member

Postby metaldog » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:51

uh njihova prva četiri albuma su odlična,baš su posebni.
lets rock
metaldog
Forum member

Postby Samhain » Tue Apr 13, 2010 20:40

ovo na mom repertoaru drži titulu ``bullshit mjeseca``

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_glenn ... ame_danzig

Glenn Danzig is a white supremacist, neo-nazi, and racist. He recently released a disc set called Lost Tracks, in which there is a KKK-anthem called White Devil Rise.
(Romans Chpt. 5, v.12):

Samhain
Forum member

Postby luka. » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:44

wikipedija je za bedake koji ju otvaraju :-)
dobre vijesti, ovo je album kojem se veselim.
no nipple = no people
luka.
Forum member

Postby Samhain » Sat May 08, 2010 19:49

Deth Red Sabaoth – reviewed

The new DANZIG – ‘Deth Red Sabaoth‘ album will be released on June 22nd and the first single will be ‘On A Wicked Night‘. First new Danzig studio album in six years. The cover is an original piece created specifically for the CD by the award-winning artist Joe Chiodo. The band will be on board with ‘Blackest of The Black Tour’ this fall, but this summer around album release time there will be 9 US shows, 5 on the East Coast and 4 on the West Coast.

Let me start off by saying that I think most fans will dig this latest release. All the elements that Glenn is known for are used to their fullest potential on this album. The vocals are up front and sound amazing, the drums sound loud and full, while the guitar playing is classic Danzig metal. Bass playing sounds thick and has some great spooky moments like in the opening track ‘Hammer of The Gods.’

This opening track reminds me of a combination of the songs ‘Godless’ and ‘Am I Demon’. A killer track to begin the album which has a chorus that everyone will sing along to. Song starts off just rockin and about mid-way just comes to a slow, spooky, black sabbath, moment that just sounds killer. The song speeds back up and just shreds. I’d love to see the band open their live set with this one.

Overall the songs are somewhat long which is killer as they come in on average about 4 minutes each. You will definitely hear classic Danzig elements such as the vocals and guitar riffs so if I had to compare to a past album I would have to say Danzig 4, however don’t expect a predictable album. Double bass drumming is found and works perfectly on these songs, tons of killer guitar leads, and some really catchy lyrics and vocals.

‘Rebel Spirits‘ another favorite from the album has some classic GD vocals. The guitar on this sounds very soothing while the vocals are just amazing. This is one of the songs that has the killer double bass drumming. I really hope they play this song as part of their live set. “Rebel blood, strong and free. We’ll never bow to the heavenly.”

‘Black Candy‘ might be my favorite track from the album. Great to hear that Glenn played drums on this track. I would have to say that this track has a very unorthodox drum beat/style to it, but that’s what makes it so awesome. Similar to ‘Can’t Speak’, but a bit darker and sounds like it’s referring to a female. “Just like your going to expire. Black Candy is what you desire.”

If you had a chance to see Danzig play live in Phoenix on 4/24 you were able to hear a new song ‘On A Wicked Night‘. I can see this song getting some radio airplay. The chorus will stick in your head. Other killer tracks on this album include ‘Ju Ju Bone‘ which sounds like if Elvis came out with a rock track today, ‘Night Star Hel,’ and ‘Pyre of Souls‘ part 1 and 2.

Overall I would have to say brace yourself for some classic elements, but at the same time don’t expect to hear another rehashed Danzig album. That is not the case. Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what to expect. Look for a track by track follow up review in early June.

“Hell you say, god is my name” – GD (season of pain)

DANZIG – Deth Red Sabaoth – (pre-order $13.99)
DANZIG – Deth Red Sabaoth – (New CD Import)
DANZIG – Deth Red Sabaoth – (Import Digi-pak!)
DANZIG – Deth Red Sabaoth – (Import 12″ Vinyl version)

http://www.7thhouse.com/site/store.html
(Romans Chpt. 5, v.12):

Samhain
Forum member

Postby Rapt0r » Mon May 24, 2010 0:21

Imate ovdje tri previewa s novog albuma.

Pazite ovo: danzig w/ hank III. :thumbsup:
Rapt0r
Forum member

Postby Samhain » Mon May 24, 2010 2:02

a da iscuri barem jedna pjesma sjekire bi padale s neba, Glenn ih skriva ko zmija noge.
(Romans Chpt. 5, v.12):

Samhain
Forum member

Postby Rapt0r » Mon May 24, 2010 11:32

Samhain wrote:a da iscuri barem jedna pjesma sjekire bi padale s neba, Glenn ih skriva ko zmija noge.

Ma, jedne stranice su stavile streaming (navodno) prvi singl “On a Wicked Night", ali su ga potom maknuli... :roll:
Rapt0r
Forum member

Postby Samhain » Mon May 24, 2010 15:22

nula bodova... prema The End records pjesma će biti na streamingu za nekih mjesec dana, a tad izlazi album.
(Romans Chpt. 5, v.12):

Samhain
Forum member

Postby Rapt0r » Mon May 24, 2010 21:35

Pazi ovo:
We recently received a request from DANZIG’s label to remove the three 30 second clips posted on our review of Deth Red Sabaoth. Since we always post audio clips from albums we review, we decided to remove the entire review. We’re not bending the rules for anyone – not even the almighty Danzig. Sorry.

Više nema ni onih tri previewa od trideset sekundi. :lol:
Rapt0r
Forum member

PreviousNext

Return to Heavy